Experienced Fort Lauderdale Wrongful Death Attorneys Help You in Your Time of Need
Compassionate staff understands your pain and suffering
The death of a loved one is always difficult. However if your loved one died unexpectedly because of the negligence of another person, it can be devastating. So many questions arise. Why did this happen? How can we pay for the funeral? How can I take care of my children without my spouse? We can help you answer these questions, and we fight to get the compensation you need to take care of your family.
Causes of wrongful death
Wrongful death occurs when a person dies because of the wrongful actions or negligence of another person. Below are some causes of wrongful death:
- Auto accidents. If your loved one dies in a car accident, motorcycle accident, truck accident or any type of motor vehicle accident because of the negligence of another driver, you may have a claim for wrongful death.
- Work-related accidents. Wrongful death in the workplace often results from companies’ failures to follow safety regulations.
- Medical mistakes. Medical negligence leading to the death of a loved one is a common reason for wrongful death lawsuits.
- Defective products. A manufacturer may be held liable for wrongful death for failing to recognize a dangerous product defect or failing to warn retailers and consumers of the defect. Some car and truck accidents have been linked to defective tires, leading victims to sue the tire manufacturers.
- Criminal activity. Criminal activity that causes death may lead to a wrongful death claim.
- Defective drugs. If drug manufacturers are aware of the dangerous side effects of a drug, they may be held liable for wrongful death.
- Toxic environmental exposure. Harmful exposure to toxic substances may lead to wrongful death.
When your family member is the victim of wrongful death, take steps to protect your family’s future. The Law Offices of Andrew Alitowski can help you receive money for various costs related to your loved one’s death, including medical expenses, funeral expenses and compensation for the pain and suffering your loved may have endured before death.
You can also recover compensation for the losses suffered by family members or dependents. These losses include the emotional loss of companionship, mental anguish, lost future earnings, and loss of financial and parental support.
Call 888.Ask.Andrew for a free consultation
If your family member died as a result of the negligence or recklessness of another person or business, the Law Offices of Andrew Alitowski, P.A. can help. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. We offer legal services on a contingency-fee basis. There is never a fee if we don’t win your case. Call us at 888.275.2637 24 hours a day, seven days a week or contact us online.